A woman who is incredibly spectacular, a phenomenal woman. Every one of my woman friends I am in awe of in one way or another. They are mothers, sisters, daughters, and most importantly to me, my friends and they are amazing. Do you know how lucky you are to have a friend who knows you really well, doesn’t judge you, lets you be you and if you fucked up, she’ll tell you – this is a good thing, rather than let you flail about, you can repair the problem right away and then it’s done. These relationships sometimes happen from the minute you meet someone or they are years of nurturing and deserve protecting.
- Love Yourself. As we all know, if you don’t love yourself, how can you love anyone else? Yes I know it sounds so cliché but it’s true. You need to put yourself at the top of your list of ‘amazing women’, why…because you deserve to be there. I know, I know…you feel like you should be last because you have children, a husband, family you take care of or many numbers of things. Ask yourself this, if you dropped the ball on you, who would pick it up and go on? Maybe no one. Make you the person you love the most just don’t turn into a narcissist.
- Be Open And Honest. There is nothing wrong with saying you don’t like something. Tell the truth. It’s okay. The world will not end. You will not spontaneously combust – I don’t know that for a fact but I’m 95% sure. There’s no need to be rude or an asshole and you can say things in a kind and gentle way without intentionally hurting someone. You absolutely get to have your opinion, you have every right to voice it, people do not need to agree with you and that’s okay. It’s how you feel and it’s your to own.
- Show Respect. I was told that ‘if you respect a person they will respect you back’. Then I learned that wasn’t true, not really. Respect is earned, it’s like trust, you have to earn that too. As long as you try to encourage, be kind, be helpful and always say Thank You. Just be a good human being and the rest will come.
- Spend Time Alone. It’s so important for your well-being to be alone. You have time to think or not. The loudness or the quiet, whatever your idea of alone is, is up to you. I whole-heartedly recommend having alone time. It may be time you allocate everyday for yourself or every week, doesn’t matter, whatever works for you. DO NOT jump from one relationship to the next because you don’t want to be alone. How many times have friends you know, done that. You must take that alone time to grieve the end of that relationship before moving on. You don’t need to suddenly become an introvert but learning the value of that time is as important as breathing.
- Learn To Be Courageous. Try something new or different that you would not normally do. It could mean starting a blog, bungee jumping, knitting, right down to kick-boxing or anything else you may want to do. It takes a lot of courage to try new things, you may not like it but you gave it a shot. Good for you!
- What’s Age Got To Do With It. Anyone who has read my blog knows what a huge supporter I am of doing anything at any age. I’m 54 years old and I say that proudly. I started kick-boxing at 44 and martial arts at 46 so saying you can’t do it because you’re ‘to old’ is completely untrue. There are some age guidelines that we do need to adhere to such as, no mini skirts after 40 (I’m being generous when I say 40), no ‘club’ makeup after 40 either, you get the idea. Some things should be left to the younger generation.
- Have A Purpose. Whether it’s being a stay-at-home mom (it really is the hardest job on the planet) or a professional woman you will be happiest when you find your purpose. It may take trying many things before you find something that you truly love and that’s okay. One of my girlfriends, who is a travel agent, came to that realization at about 17 or 18. She just knew that’s what she wanted to be, hasn’t looked back and she still loves it to this day. I think it’s rare when that happens at such a young age, on the other hand, how lucky is she.
- Be Beautiful. What your definition of beauty is, is up to you. It doesn’t necessarily mean being 5’9″, 120 lbs with flowing blonde hair. If you feel beautiful it will show. Confidence, grace and intelligence all fit into the beauty category because without having these on the inside, it won’t show on the outside.
- Take Fitness Seriously. Your health should be vitally important. Taking care of your body, building muscle, having some tone and maybe some definition will help you live longer. It’s no secret that exercise is important for good health and that it can reduce the chance of getting certain diseases. It improves your mood, you could have more energy, lose weight, sleep better, feel better overall, look better and it could even boost your sex life. All pluses.
- Speaking Of Sex. It’s no secret that peri-menopausal and menopausal women say that they sometimes have a decreased sex drive, this is fact. However, I don’t think that fact has to be that way for any woman. If you enjoyed sex before PM or M then why shouldn’t you have the opportunity to enjoy it again. Talk to your family physician or a gynaecologist will have several different therapies you may want to try. Get that libido back up to where it was when you first met. Seriously. Having a great sex life with a person you plan on spending the rest of your life with is crucial to a long and happy relationship.
I find that the older I get, situations, people, events are put in perspective more than they ever have. The things I used to be concerned about I no longer am. I am so in love with my husband that it’s crazy (not sure why I’m telling you this but I am). I ask that you take these 10 tips, looking at each one and seeing if you can apply them to your life in some way. YOU are worth the effort and should be proud of yourself and who you hope to become. YOU are already an amazing woman.
Image credit: Pixabay